Some of you may or may not know that Facebook is archiving inactive groups. I haven't updated this page for some time now, mostly due to lack of time and energy, ok..mostly the energy part. ;-) However, before I put this page to rest, I would like to say one last thing. I will try to keep it brief <grin>. First, I (we) want to thank everyone once again for their support in whatever way it was presented to us, even if just a prayer. You have lifted my spirits when I needed it, and you have touched my heart in ways you will never know. I will always look back with great fondness at the memories of people like yourselves that helped us get through some of our darkest days.
Since Denis had been home things have been very difficult. They don't tell you (at the rehab) a lot of what really goes on after something like this happens. They just say it will be hard. I figured it wasn't gonna be a cake walk, but just how difficult it really is.....it's one of those things, "ya just don't know, what you don't know". Denis has had many health issues over the pass few months, most of which are behind us, the latest one and the one that seems to take forever to go away are ulcers (bed sores) on his buttocks. Hats off to the excellent staff of VON who are doing their best to care for and advise us on what to do. We are currently ordering him a new chair cushion which we are hoping will assist in the healing process and act as a preventative measure for any further complications.
Denis and I are struggling to find our own way in this nightmare, both are fighting to find some normalcy and sense of it all. When all is said and done, years from now, I hope we can look back and say, "look at ma honey go" I don't believe our lives are planned out for us, otherwise we wouldn't have been given a will, or the ability to make choices (good or bad). I do believe that things are thrown in our direction but life is ever-changing; and all is based on which fork or choice in the path of this thing we call life, we take. This is my belief and mine belief alone, “that we are where we are because we chose to be there”. That is not to say that people choose bad things to happen to them. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's only to say that, at some point along the way you can find the path of choices that led you to where you are today. The real question is, are you where you want to be?. If not, make the choices you need to make to get there. If life was planned out for us, it wouldn't matter what path we chose because the outcome would be the same. I am happy that life is about choices, otherwise it wouldn't be worth living.
The kids seemed to be doing ok, but I guess we'll only really know as time goes on. If there was only one message I could convey to my children in my dying days (aside from the obvious - I love you), it would be, “Don't let the bad things that happen to you, be your excuse for your bad behavior”. That was always my motto, long before that dreadful day of July 18, 2010.
Well, that about sums it up folks. Have a great day and I hope when a dark cloud passes over head, it will be followed up by a beautiful rainbow.
Warmest Regards,
Twila Tufts
Ordinary Happens, Greatness is generated - Cyndi Crother.
No comments:
Post a Comment